- Choose your timing wisely.
- Start any time of the year.
- Don’t compare your child to any other – we are all different.
- Let them choose their own potty/toilet trainer seat.
- Let your toddler set the space.
- Keep to a routine as much as possible.
- Let the nursery school and family know you are potty training. Remember to advise them of your methods so you can work together consistently.
- Use a reward chart with some special stickers, and a reward box for extra encouragement.
- Give an abundance of praise.
- Get them to carry their potty with them everywhere, this gives your child a sense of security.
- Be organised – if you are going out, take spare clothes and pants with you.
- Dress them in loose clothing so they act quickly when they need to go.
- Reduce liquids 30 minutes before bedtime.
- Don’t revert back to nappies unless there are special circumstances.
- Patience pays, don’t give up!
SUBSCRIBE FOR 10% OFF 💌
BUY NOW, PAY IN 30 WITH KLARNA 🤍
FREE UK SHIPPING OVER £25 ✨